The Wholesale Market Brokers’ Association (WMBA) and The London Energy Brokers’ Association (LEBA ) are independent industry bodies. WMBA represents the world’s largest Inter-Dealer Brokers (IDBs) operating in wholesale financial markets including interest rates, credit, and foreign exchange and equity derivatives. LEBA was formed in 2003 to represent the interests of London-based energy brokers.
You can find contact details and other information about our Member firms here.
The Association has developed guidelines for member firms when considering execution policy under MiFID, following consultation with the European Commission, Her Majesty’s Treasury, the Financial Services Authority, as well as internal and external legal counsel.
Please register here for limited access to data or regular updates to new data initiatives:
This section of our website is aimed at journalists and publications. If there is any further information you would like to see, please let us know.
Welcome to the London Energy Brokers' Association website
More than $2 trillion worth of energy is traded through London-based brokers each year, with data from the broker market helping to drive energy markets throughout the world. LEBA members are involved in all key product groups within the energy sector, oil, gas, power, coal and emissions. One of the key outputs of our membership is the provision of UK power, emissions, European gas and coal indices, which have become global pricing benchmarks for the market.
- LEBA Data Notifications - 07/03/2014
- Consultation Responses - 03/03/2014
- 2014 Press Coverage - 30/01/2014
- 2013 Press Coverage - The UK power market is switching its standard contract definitions from the EFA calendar to Gregorian calendar delivery periods. The members of the UK power trading committee from the Futures and Options Association (FOA), representing most of the largest and most active UK power market participants, have agreed to make the switch in liquidity from Friday 1st November 2013. 11/11/2013
- UK Power Forwards - 01/10/2013
- European Gas Forwards - 01/10/2013
- About LEBA - LEBA is delighted to announce the launch of this new website. We hope you like the new, modern look and hope that you come back regularly 09/05/2013
- Press Releases - 25/03/2013